Saturday, April 28, 2007

Haagen Dazs Fondue




Saving the best for last! We finally went to try the Haagen Dazs chocolate fondue on the last day before I was to return to Sydney. The Haagen Dazs brand is actually very well known in Asian countries and is known as one of the premium ice creams available. I saw their promotional sign for the chocolate fondue and being a dessert fan, you bet I want to try it. It costs about HKD130 per person. Based on the picture, I guess that it's meant for couples or romantic ones at that but what the heck! I'm trying it.



We were ushered in and sat in large sized chairs as shown here. Very comfortable.


No one else was having the fondue at that time when we were there so we didn't know what to expect. When it came, my eyes were in awe! It was huge and with a wide food selection of 5 different flavours of ice cream, fruits, biscuits and cakes.



On top of the chocolate, there were this two trays and upon tasting it, it was Baileys! Oh my!



The chocolate was really really good. Rich and creamy texture. Way better than the chocolate fondues that I make at home. Haha!



My mouth is salivating just thinking about it. We were so full after eating all that and we actually managed to finish all the chocolate from the pot just by dipping. I will definitely go for this again.

I'll be dreaming about this for months to come...
Total Score ~ 21/25
[Taste - 9 (10) , Presentation - 5 (5), Service - 3.5 (5), Value for Money - 3.5 (5)]

1 comment:

  1. omg, i am drooling! that looks unbelievable: choc + ice cream!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...