Monday, July 2, 2012

Les Trois Garcons, Shoreditch

Untitled

Les Trois Garcons, I've seen the name mentioned a number of times and is supposedly a favourite celebrity haunt.

I arrived with Ms. Chocoholic for dinner and were greeted with a décor that is just opulently rich and luxurious. I love the vintage hand bags hanging at different lengths from the ceiling and could see myself coming here just to soak in its luxurious surroundings.

We opted for the tasting menu which started with an amuse bouche of cauliflower & truffle puff. It was a savoury burst in the palate, awakening the taste buds.

The second half of the amuse bouche was a sweet potato and ginger soup. The ginger did not sing through at all and sadly played a very underwhelming role.

Les Trois Garcon

The first course was home-cured foie gras with pear & golden raisin and toasted brioche

The foie gras had a mid creamy texture yet a light flavour with the taste only hitting you midway before it disappears. The toasted brioche was everything it should be, buttery and moist.


Les Trois Garcon

Next to be served was the crab tortellini with a lemongrass sauce.

The crab tortellini was lovely though I could not taste any lemongrass in the sauce.

Les Trois Garcon

I was looking forward to the seafood dish of sea bass with seared scallop and mussels in a shellfish sauce and it didn't disappoint. It was clean with a good balance that really brought out the taste of the sea. A surprising dish where each component when in combination works to enhance each other.

Les Trois Garcon

The Herdwick lamb cutlets failed to impress with a very heavy gamey taste and the accompaniments did not harmonise. 

Les Trois Garcon

Sadly it was the same with the dessert, it didn't help that the presentation came across as if not much care went into the making and assembling of it. The Mille feuille and champagne poached pear was just underwhelming.

Les Trois Garcon

By this point we were not that interested to even have the petit fours. What started out seemingly promising crashed unexpectedly and ending a meal on a bad note just leaves this bitter aftertaste that lingers in your mind.

Will I recommend: No
Will I come back: No
Have I had better: Yes

Les Trois Garcon1 Club Row  London, Greater London E1 6JX

Les Trois Garcons on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Howdy! This blog post could not be written any better! Reading through this article reminds me
    of my previous roommate! He always kept preaching about this.
    I most certainly will send this article to him. Fairly certain
    he will have a great read. Thanks for sharing!
    Here is my page - villa Dolores

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame the food let this place down as the decor looks brilliant! I'd probably expect some entertianment there too - it looks so dramatic perhaps a burlesque show woudl start up in between courses? Either way, I might pop in for a drink but thanks for warning me off the food!

    Katie
    www.lounge10.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...