Saturday, April 28, 2007

Lee Woo Yuen 梨和园



On my last day in HK, my sis and I decided to try out this BBQ buffet place. It's called "Lee Woo Yuen". We went for the "afternoon tea" (下午茶) option which is from 2-5pm from what I can remember. Their main branch is in the Kowloon area but we went to the second branch which is along Lockhart Road in Causeway Bay. Their "afternoon tea" costs only HKD28.

You don't get to BBQ the meats and stuff but you can have all you can eat at their cooked food section.



These were the only pictures that I managed to take without being obvious and having people staring at me.

Their "afternoon tea" option is really a good deal. You get tons of food such as noodles, fried rice, sausages, chicken cooked in herbs, meatballs, sushi, fried fish and lots lots more. On top of that, there are a few different kinds of soup and dessert soup.

One of the ones that I tried was really good, it had ginseng in it.

Onwards to fruits and cakes and also "tau fu fa" (豆腐花) which you get to scoop out of the big bamboo pot yourself. We left with out stomachs really really full.

As I said again, the food is reasonably good, dessert was great and only HKD28 which is less than AUD5.

I only wished that I didn't only discover this on the last day as I would have gone a lot more times.
Total Score ~ 20/25
[Taste - 8.5 (10) , Presentation - 3 (5), Service - 3.5 (5), Value for Money - 5 (5)]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...