Wednesday, April 4, 2007

MX 美心

MX is another chinese style fast food restaurant like Cafe De Coral. I decided to try it out too.


The one that I went to has really nice decor that can surpass those of restaurants. It definitely doesn't have the decor of a fast food chain.



For those of you who goes by yourself, they even have seats with a TV there which shows TVB variety programs to occupy your time. How thoughtful!



I ordered the "Mock Sharks fin with shredded chicken and rice", "milk tea" and "Sago pudding with yam".

The mock sharks fin really did taste like the real sharks fin. Even the texture and appearance looks like one. Not the real thing but at least it doesn't break your pocket. The Milk tea had too much tea in it and not enough milk for me but that is just my preference though so you might like it. However, I would advise against ordering the pudding as even for a fast food chain, this doesn't taste nice at all. Its only saving grace was the yam at the bottom of the pudding which added a little more flavour. The pudding itself was not smooth enough.



I went back there again for dinner later and my sis ordered a "seafood cheese baked rice" and I ordered a "hotpot wonton chicken with XO sauce spare ribs". My sis said that hers taste like the cheese baked rice from Kim Gary back home in KL. It also has a lot of seafood in it which I can't remember now but is definitely value for money. Mine taste equally as good as well. As you can see, the soup is once again white in colour and not clear, I am still puzzled by this. It was pretty filling. The XO sauce spare ribs had a little too much flour but otherwise, is good.



Total Score ~ 18/25
[Taste - 7 (10) , Presentation - 3 (5), Service - 3.5 (5), Value for Money - 3.5 (5)]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...