Saturday, August 21, 2010

Zurich Eats

Am so excited, finally embarking on my first Europe trip for the year that is non work –related. Am where did I land?? First stop….Zurich!!

The country of fondues and chocolates and dairy and the Swiss Alps of course!

More on the sights in a different post, I returned back to the hotel feeling like my tummy has swelled from just one day. What delights did I indulge my senses with today?

For lunch, we made a mission to the oldest vegetarian restaurant in Europe, Hiltl. Post here. With our tummies filled, we started to explore all the wonders that Zurich city has to offer.

Spying a fruit stall, we stopped to checked out what they have. Squeals of delight coming from me must have raised the eyebrows of the shop owner, I found Kiwi Gold! I really love them but have not been able to sight any since departing Sydney for London.






Kiwi Gold it is that we bought as well as some flat peaches!





What else did we keep seeing? Sprungli chocolatier that have branches everywhere. This is the one at the Bahnhofplatz (main railway station). See the stacks of macaroons, need to try them and compare to my number 1 Laduree!





For a more decadent affair, head to the café along the Bahnhofstrasse. My interest was sufficiently arouse by their decadent displays of food fare being offered.




Chocolate galore as another shop had me walking towards its display.


After more walking to walk off what we ate earlier, we headed for dinner at Chuchi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...