Sunday, February 7, 2010

Akasaka Shisen hanten

Got a Tokyo friend to help me make reservations prior to me leaving for my trip. Being a huge fan of the Iron Chef show, I definitely had to try their restaurants when I get the chance to.

It wasn’t very easy finding the restaurant but we managed to find it eventually even though the weather decided to be a little unkind by greeting us with rain.




We were greeted with warm welcomes and soon seated with a nice pot of tea. After browsing the menu, we placed our orders and I was just salivating with anticipation.





Mapo Tofu

This is definitely good. The texture and the sauce creates a nice harmonious balance. I was expecting it to be a lot spicier but it wasn’t.

Stewed asparagus with crabmeat (snowfall style)

Stir fried beef in sweet “miso” sauce, with wrapping crepes

This looked quite intriguing on the menu, it came out looking quite similar to Peking Duck. The sweet miso sauce gives a different tang to the beef and is an alternative to Peking Duck.


Smoked chicken (Swechwan style)














We ended with some desserts. The almond pudding is silky and is quite refreshing after the spicy food that had been eaten.



Location:
Akasaka Shisen Hanten (Szechwan Restaurant)
2-5-5 Hiragacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo,
Tel: 03-3263-9371

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...