Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Zen Japanese Grill & Sushi Bar Boston: Unmemorable food in a great location

Zen sushi Bar

Zen Japanese Grill & Sushi Bar is located at Beacon Hill. A popular area that is a mere minutes walk away from Boston Common and the State House.

After some decadent eating in New York and my Lobster dinner a day earlier, I just wanted something light. Japanese seems to fit the bill and Zen Jap Grill & Sushi Bar was chosen as the venue for dinner.

Seeing that this place has Japanese Grill in its name, I scoured the menu looking for grill stuff but couldnt not find anything actually. I was excited to see Nasu Dengaku on the menu although this comes with bonito flakes? Nevertheless, it was ordered along with a chef's special.

Zen sushi Bar
Nasu Dengaku $5.95

 
I was quite disappointed with the Nasu dengaku. The skim was removed which I guess makes for easy eating? I think this was parboiled and topped with bonito flakes. It lacks the punch and depth that the miso would give.

Zen sushi Bar
Zen sushi Bar
Zen Tekkaa Don $13.95

 
The don comprises of thinly sliced layers of yellow fin tuna, lightly seared. It was good but unmemorable.

I guess the last sentence says it all.


Zen Japanese Grill & Sushi Bar, 21a Beacon St, Beacon Hill, Boston, MA 02108

Zen Japanese Grill & Sushi Bar on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...