Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Lamberts, Balham


Untitled

Balham wouldn't usually be a place that I would have thought of frequenting. Along the south part of the Northern line, the popular destinations would have been Clapham or a jump to the Victoria line to Brixton.

As it happens, a friend of mine lives around the Balham area which found me heading there for a catch up lunch.

We found ourselves in a restaurant called Lambeth. It was a comfortable setting which exudes a charming modern vibe.

Untitled

We opted for the fixed menu (2 course £17, 3 course £20) which offered quite a good selection.

I was genuinely surprised with the quality of the food which all came out consistently well seasoned and delicious.

This is one place that I wish was in my neighbourhood. Good food and Great value - what more could you ask for.


Untitled
Potted salt beef, slow cooked egg yolk, herb salad, game chips


Untitled
Isle of man kippers, potato pancakes, creme fraiche and honey


Untitled
Roasted leg of blackface lamb, caramelised onions, smoked bacon and chestnut mushrooms


Untitled
Pork tenderloin, crushed charlotte potatoes, apple and hazelnuts

Untitled
Treacle tart with clotted cream



Will I recommend: Yes
Will I come back: Yes
Have I had better: Yes

Lamberts, 2 Station Parade, Balham High RoadLondonSW12 9AZ

Lamberts on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...