Thursday, March 22, 2007

Han Ah Run Korean Restaurant



My sis decided to bring me to this Korean restaurant in Causeway Bay as it apparently won awards and quite well known for its food! Having just come from Sydney where there are tons of Korean restaurant and most owned by Koreans, I was a little hesitant to be coming to HK to try this but decided to give it a go!

I Have to say that my impression of their service is really bad!

Firstly, we sat at a table with another couple who arrived at the same time, however, it took so long for even our drinks and side dishes to come!

After some constant reminding, our side dishes finally came after the couple next to us were already halfway through their meal!

Hmm....but I have to say that they do give more side dishes than in Sydney. Usually, there is only 3 or 4 but here, there is at least 8! The side dishes were quite tasty and I especially like the potatoes.

After that, it seemed like ages before our main dish arrived! By the time it arrived, the couple next to us had finished and was paying their bill! I mean seriously, is that really bad service or what? It doesn't matter if the food is good but to make us wait so long and add to the fact that the couple next to us having finish before our main dish arrived is just a little too much for me.




When it finally arrived, we even had to cook it ourselves because they were too busy when apparently, they usually do it!

I can see my impression slipping further down. There was also a lot of fat on the meat for those whom are conscious! In the end, you were supposed to place the meat onto the lettuces and place the sauce that was given and some other vegetables. It tasted like the chinese version of "San Choy Bow" to me. The winning part of this dish is that the sauce was really really good!

Maybe it just happens that my experience this time was a bad one as they usually have pretty good service according to my sis, but this time, it just didn't do it for me.
Total Score ~ 12.5/25
[Taste - 6.5 (10) , Presentation - 3 (5), Service - 1 (5), Value for Money - 2 (5)]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...